Life Source Services Hospice treats not only the patient, but recognizes the entire family may be affected by a terminal illness. After a patient has died, Life Source Services Hospice will keep in contact with the family on a regular basis for at least 13 months after the death of the loved one.
Life Source Services Hospice provides intensive bereavement services for family members and communities that may require it. Our team provides Memorial Services in long-term care facilities and assisted living facilities. The Memorial Service can be a time of healing and reflection for the resident and staff.
Whether or not death is expected, grief is a natural response to loss for even the most courageous. Fear, anxiety, sorrow, anger, and other feelings are often present at the time of death and for months after.
In bereavement one’s routine’s, relationships, roles, and emotions are often disrupted. Very often lives must be recognized and rebuilt.
Here is how Life Source Services Hospice may help:
- Facilitating the experience of sadness or loss and grief following death.
- Validating the experiences felt by those grieving.
- Assessing patient/family needs.
- Offering support or guidance to family and fried who experienced the loss.
- Identifying signs of complicated grief and providing resources to assist the family.